Name: Kassim Ramadhani Mussa
Studying: PhD in Hydrology and Water Resource Engineering.
Research Title : Characterization and simulation of nested groundwater flow systems under future climate and land cover changes in three basins in Tanzania.
Kassim Ramadhani Mussa is a Lecturer of Environmental Sciences and Natural Resources Management in the Department of Geography and Environmental Studies at the Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA). His research interests are in the fields of Groundwater hydrology, Watershed Hydrology, Climate change Science and the associated impacts on natural resources. In addition, other research areas include Payment for Environmental Services (PES), Environmental and Natural Resource Valuation, Water User Association formation, Water sharing and exploitation, Catchment protection and Community-Based Natural Resources Management.
- Mussa, K. R. and Mjemah, I.C. (2017). Participation of Ecosystem Service Providers in a Watershed PES Project in Tanzania: Connection with the Coasean Perspectives. Journal of Ecosystem and Ecography 7: 241. doi:10.4172/2157-7625.1000241.
- Kassim R. Mussa, Josephat A. Saria, Lughano J. M. Kusiluka, Noorali T. Jiwaji, Brown Gwambene, Noah M. Pauline, Nangware K. Msofe, Juma A. Tegeje, Innocent Messo, Sixbert S. Mwanga. (2015). Eliciting Smallholder Farmers’ Trade offs and Preferences on the Attributes of Climate Smart Agriculture in the Breadbasket Areas of Tanzania Using a Conjoint Experiment Method. International Journal of Environmental Protection and Policy. Vol. 3, No. 6, pp. 188-193.
- Kassim Ramadhani Mussa and Ibrahimu Chikira Mjemah (2015). Indigenous Knowledge Systems for Climate Change Detection and Adaptation Planning in Mountainous Areas in Tanzania. Journal of Resources Development and Management. Vol. 13, pp. 90-98.
- Z. Mattee, K. R. Mussa, D. L Mwaseba, C.P. Mahonge, J.V. Nsenga (2015). Factors in Smallholder Farmers Vulnerability to Climate Change Impacts in the Uluguru Mountains, Morogoro, Tanzania: In Sustainable Intensification to Advance Food Security and Enhance Climate Resilience in Africa. R., Singh, B.R., Mwaseba, D.L., Kraybill, D., Hansen, D.O., Eik, L.O. (Eds.), pp. 185-200. Springer International Publishing Switzerland.
- Mussa, K.R. and Mwakaje, A.G. (2013). The Impact of Equitable Payment for Watershed Services Scheme on Livelihoods In Tanzania: The Case of Uluguru Mountains. International Journal of Development and Sustainability, Vol. 2. No. 2, pp. 1031-1051.
- Mussa, K. R., Chikira, I.C., Malisa, E.T., (2012). The role of development projects in strengthening community-based adaptation strategies: The case of Uluguru mountains agricultural development project (UMADEP)-Morogoro-Tanzania. International Journal of Agricultural Sciences. Vol. 2, No. 6, pp. 157-165.