WISE Futures competitively sponsors Masters and PhD students in three key areas: Water and sanitation, Water resources, and Energy. To be eligible for scholarship, students should have obtained admission to NM-AIST Masters or PhD program in the respective specialization areas and fulfill other scholarship eligibility criteria. WISE-Futures supports interdisciplinary research students given their proposed research has profound impact in water and sanitation security, water resource security and energy security research in WISE-Futures research Groups.
WISE-Futures scholarships are open to local and regional students. These scholarships are partial and they run for three years for PhD program and two years for Masters program. The scholarship is initially granted for one year and may be extended upon successful performance. While on the scholarship, students are encouraged to apply for additional funds for research support. The following eligibility criteria apply for WISE-Futures scholarships;
1) One page motivation letter.
2) Academic transcripts and certificates in relevant fields.
3) NM-AIST admission letter or proof of completed application for admission to NM-AIST (In case you do not have admission letter, please apply admission through www.nm-aist.ac.tz).
4) A recommendation letter from the current employer and/or previous supervisor / educator.
5) Evidence of peer reviewed journal publications (added advantage for Masters and PhD by coursework but a requirement for PhD by research).
6) A maximum of 2-page of Curriculum Vitae (CV).
7) For Masters and PhD by coursework a 2-page research concept note fitting the key areas of WISE – Futures: water and sanitation, water resources, and energy.
8) For Masters and PhD by research 3000 words (minimum) research concept note fitting the key areas of WISE – Futures: water and sanitation, water resources, and energy
9) Incomplete documents or failure to follow instructions will automatically lead to disqualification.
10) Please note that only successful candidates will be informed for further instructions on reporting time to commence studies at NM-AIST.
11) Concept notes for MSc and PhD students in desired focus areas based on the call for applications
How to apply
Send your applications with all required documents via email: email@example.com.
Application Deadlines MUST be observed