Number of Position : 3
Academic year : 2017/18
The African center of Excellence in Water Infrastructure and Sustainable Energy Futures (WISE – Futures) at the Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology (NM-AIST), Arusha – Tanzania announces three (3) post-doctoral fellowships for the academic year 2017-2018.
WISE – Futures is a newly established center of excellence funded by the World Bank under its Eastern and Southern Africa Centers of Excellence (ACE II) initiative coordinated by the Inter University Council of East Africa (IUCEA). WISE – Futures focuses on provision of an excellent learning environment for delivering top-notch Masters and PhD graduates specializing in water and energy related fields; on providing a stimulating research environment for early career researchers to enable them contribute to solving pressing problems related to water and energy; on strengthening regional and international research collaboration in order to promote the development of cutting edge solutions to water and energy challenges in the region; and on promoting inclusive socio-economic transformation in the region by turning research findings into usable and accessible products for the benefits of society, industry, and the environment.
The call is open to all highly qualified applicants in any of the following areas of specialization;
1. 1 Position: Hydrology and Water Resources (hydro-informatics, hydrology, hydrogeology and climate modelling)
2. 1 Position: Water and Sanitation (advance waste water treatment, fecal sludge management, water supply engineering, water transport and distribution and modelling)
3. 1 Position: Sustainable Energy (solar energy, wind energy, hydropower, geothermal energy, biomass energy, ocean energy, energy management, micro grids and smart grids)
The applicant must hold a doctoral degree completed no longer than five (5) years prior to the deadline (the date on the doctoral certificate applies) and have good publication track record.
The responsibilities of a successful applicant will be teaching and supervising postgraduate students, grant proposal development, research and publication in reputable international journals.
Successful applicant will receive funding for a maximum period of years (2) year. The Fellowship monthly package is US $ 1,800, taxable.
Application Procedure & Required Documents
1. Complete application in one pdf file that includes motivation letter (maximum two page), certified copies of certificates and transcripts, up to date curriculum vitae, a list of publications in accredited journals and two letters of recommendation from at list one (from the PhD supervisor)must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Applications should enclose a brief (not more than five pages) outline of his research proposal highlighting the problem statement, its relevance to WISE – Futures, the method of investigation and a preliminary work plan.
3. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
4. Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria will not be considered.
Deadline for applications: This position is open until a qualified candidate is selected
Deputy Vice Chancellor – Planning, Finance and Administration,
The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology,
P.O. Box 447,
ARUSHA, TANZANIA. OR
Please mention the vacancy position in the e-mail header